Saturday, June 27, 2009

Movie Time

I am a huge movie buff. I love to go to the movies; I love to rent movies, I love when you stumble upon a good movie when surfin' cable!
I have seen a few recently, some worth mentioning, others not so much.


We have went to see "The Proposal" twice. We had a couple friends who wanted to see it and it worked out that we went to see it again. No biggie, Ryan Reynolds takes his shirt off! He has been working out, you see. Working it all out, girls. Hottie! I do not say that word all the time. As a matter of fact, I am the least boy crazy of a gal you'll ever meet. He did it for me. He just does it for me on all levels. Funny, oh yeah, he is funny!
I give the movie an overall "7", on a 1-10 scale. It is a mediocre 4 because it is predictable from the start. I am adding a point for Betty White, she made the movie funny. I am adding 2 points for Ryan. I hope to see him in more movies with his clothes off making me laugh. The best part (besides the cracks made by Betty) was the mention of Rob Base and the mention of his song "It Takes Two". Which they totally screwed up by not playing more of it. It really lacked music period.
Worth watching, but you can wait til the DVD comes out. Just for now
though take a looky. Oh.. OK... take another looky. That's a eight pack ladies.


Quit it Ryan! Just Quit it!


Tonight I watched Revolutionary Road. I was in the mood for a drama. It starts out slow and stays slow. The movie line and story keep you wanting more. I give it a 6. What deserves the "10" was Leonardo Dicaprio. I knew he was a great actor when I watched "What's eating Gilbert Grape?". Stellar performance by Leo. Kate Winslet is one of my favorite actresses and she does a good job in this movie. However, Leonardo totally outshines her. To me he is just awesome! He is truly a gifted actor.




The best part for me is when "crazy" John comes to their house for dinner. He gets to running his mouth. Calling Frank (Leo) a lesser man. Frank snaps! I don't mean snaps like we all so flippantly use the word. He took it there! He cussed him out, Huunny! He called him crazy and to take his blankety blanking blank back to the nuthouse. I loved it! Not a comedy at all but I cracked up. Leonardo gets his face all kinds of purple and is gonna rip Crazy John's head off before his mama stepped in and saved him. That is what I call snapping! He had had enough of the ramblings. Mr. Dicaprio showed true rage. Not easy to do at a moments notice.

Hats off to another excellent performance by Leanardo Dicaprio

No comments:

Post a Comment