Friday, June 19, 2009

Strawberry Footballs



This cake was made for a 10 year old boy who just loves strawberries. His mother ordered the cake to be strawberry with a football theme, at first. Then during the conversation maybe just some strawberries on top. He really LOVES strawberries. So in my mind I was thinking glace' strawberries. Pretty! However, this is a boy and he plays football, goes fishing and chases wild turkeys in his yard. Pretty would not do.


Then I thought to include some grass and maybe put some strawberries in the grass. Pretty...not that again, we gotta roll these strawberries in the dirt! So I pictured little Columbus' shoes after he has been exploring. Mud! Chocolate! Chocolate covered strawberries. We still needed a little football in the mix. Strawberry Footballs! By George! Cute! I could deal with cute, pretty..ugh NO!
Footballs all over the field.



I could have went overboard with banners, actual players, fans, a stadium. Just kiddin'! The birthday boy liked it! It was strawberry. That's all that mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment